Saturday, May 16, 2015

Day 5 to Troutville, Virginia

I did not bike at all today because I cannot handle the steep downhill at 45 mile per hour on my bike. I am graceful that I am traveling with Great people, super considerate, and learned so much about biking, but I am not strong enough to bike at the same pace so ride the van today to avoid dragging them. I took a lunch break near a draw bridge.

Showered in a fire station then camping out side of at an AT hiker & biker friendly city park. 

I did not plan or train for this biking trip 30% the effort for preparing my pct hike after biking. I am going to be a bike-rider or casual/part-time cross America biker, I.e., 10:90 Or even 20:80 van riding vs bike riding. Wait & see. The purpose is to have fun without too much suffering. I like the views I saw when biking but could not stop to take photos, but I will have time to take photos when riding in the van










No comments:

Post a Comment